Bluewater Announces 'Fame' Bio Line
Headline - Press release
Posted by Fletch Adams on Jan 4, 2010
With its biography comic titles selling well despite a slumping comic industry, Bluewater Productions announced the expansion of its biography title assets with Fame, a new series that focuses on culturally relevant celebrities and other pop culture icons.
The preview issue will be available in time for "Free Comic Book Day" on May 5th. featuring performer Lady GaGa. Future issues will feature such personalities as Robert Pattinson, 50 Cent, David Beckham and Taylor Swift.
“Over the past year we saw an opportunity to broaden the scope of who reads comics,” said Bluewater president Darren G. Davis, “There were many who had never picked up a graphic novel or comic book buy our biography titles like Female Force and Political Power. Fame is the natural extension of that trend.”
Davis, who was once a marketing executive E! Entertainment Television and Lionsgate, noted that the multiple printings of the tribute book, Michael Jackson: King of Pop, convinced him that the current crop of biography titles were too limiting.
“Fame gives us the ability to tell more interesting stories about a wider variety of notable personalities. Conversely, it allows us to focus the scope of our other biography titles to more socially and political important figures.” Davis added.
Additionally, Bluewater announced its biography title release schedule for the first half of 2010.
As previously announced, the Female Force series will feature Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama: Year One and Ellen DeGeneres. Other biographies filling out the first half of the year's schedule include Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor, news anchor Meredith Vieira, and novelist Anne Rice.
The Political Power series will feature Al Gore, Nelson Mandela and Bill Clinton followed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Franken, and Rush Limbaugh.
“People seem to enjoy debating whether this person or that are worthy of our biographies. Whereas some subjects have more influence on our social, cultural or political landscape than others, the bottom line is we try to choose subjects that have compelling or important stories to tell,” Davis said.
- Bluewater May 2010 Solicitations - written by Richard Boom on Feb 13, 2010
- Bluewater Solicitations For June 2011 - written by Richard Boom on Mar 22, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres Is Latest Female Force - written by Frederik Hautain on Dec 10, 2009
- Bluewater Solicitations for March 2011 - written by Richard Boom on Dec 12, 2010
- Lady GaGa Selling Out - written by Richard Boom on Jun 17, 2010
- Chicago Comic-Con 2010: Walter Koenig - written by Eric Lindberg on Aug 24, 2010
- Best of Free Comic Book Day 2009 - written by Kris Bather on May 2, 2009
- Free Comic Book Day: What To Get (Part 1) - written by Kris Bather on May 3, 2013
- Free Comic Book Day: What To Get (Part 2) - written by Kris Bather on May 3, 2013
- FCBD 2010: The Sixth Gun #1 - written by Jason Wilkins on May 5, 2010
- Fame: Taylor Swift #1 - written by Jonathan Chuang on Jun 28, 2010
- FCBD 2010: Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock - written by Eric Lindberg on May 3, 2010
- FCBD 2010: Atomic Robo - written by Eric Lindberg on May 3, 2010
- FCBD 2010: The Stuff of Legend - written by Eric Lindberg on May 4, 2010
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!