Celebrate Independence December 30th
Headline - Press release
Posted by Fletch Adams on Oct 15, 2009
Source - http://www.indycomicbookweek.com/
Indy Comic Book Week is not only an event, but also a call to action.
Diamond Comic Distributors announced they will not ship any new comics for the last week of December. This company is the primary distributor of comic books in North America. What some would call a sad week without our favorite mainstream titles, we are calling an opportunity. This vacancy allows independent and small press comic book creators to claim this week as their own.
We challenge writers and artists to self publish new material for this week, and offer it to their local stores. We ask for retailers to take this as an opportunity to showcase local independent talent on the new release shelves. We encourage fans to break from their buying habits and try something new.
Raise your fist and proudly declare that comic books are more than an industry, more than a handful of corporations – it is a creative outlet for independent-minded artists and storytellers. This last week of 2009 belongs to you. Power to the people. Right on.
If you're on twitter, use the hashtag #indycomicbookweek when promoting your site.
If you would like to join the blog to start promoting your Indy Comic Book Week project, email Luan at indycomicbookweek [at] gmail.com with the subject line "Indy Comic Book Week Blog."
Talk to your local comic shop about participating in ICBW. If they're interested ask them to send an email to indycomicbookweek [at] gmail.com to be listed on the site.
1) Make a comic (or better yet, have one made).
2) Make sure you can get physical copies of your book to the stores who agree to put in on the shelves. Be professional.
3) Join the blog and promote your book.
4) Take advantage of the resources, flyers, Facebook and the twitter hashtag #indycomicbookweek to help spread the word.
5) Sit back and have a coke. You're in.
- Canadian Artist Contributes to Indy Comic Week - written by Fletch Adams on Dec 29, 2009
- Mouse Guard to Defend Your Territory - written by Frederik Hautain on Jan 18, 2007
- DCD 2009 Summit Educates, Enlightens & Entertains - written by Fletch Adams on Oct 18, 2009
- Diamond Announces Executive Management Changes - written by Richard Boom on Feb 7, 2013
- February 2007 Market Shares & Sales Lists - written by Frederik Hautain on Mar 18, 2007
- Martin Eden's Spandex Soap Opera - Part 1 - written by Andy Oliver on Sep 2, 2010
- Martin Eden's Spandex Soap Opera - Part 2 - written by Andy Oliver on Sep 3, 2010
- Making The List - A Reprise - written by Andy Oliver on May 24, 2011
- A Thing of Beauty: Spiro Talks Nobrow Press - Part 1 - written by Andy Oliver on Aug 18, 2011
- The Poor Man's Guide to Self Publishing - Part II - written by Val Staples on Nov 14, 2004
- Ellipsis #1 - written by Andy Oliver on Sep 3, 2012
- The Micanopy Murders Book One - written by Andy Oliver on Sep 10, 2012
- PJANG #5 - written by Andy Oliver on Feb 21, 2011
- The Testament of Doktor Zeitpunkt #1 - written by Andy Oliver on May 31, 2011
- Hippy Jonny and the Banality of Life - written by Andy Oliver on Sep 13, 2011
- Comiket Capers - written by Andy Oliver on Nov 17, 2011
- On the Comica Comiket Treasure Trail: Tick, My Cardboard Life and Cat Island - written by Andy Oliver on May 3, 2012
- The Rule of Three: Ablatio Penis, The Last Tape in Hell and Behind the Crooked Cross - written by Andy Oliver on Nov 21, 2012
- The Coastal Town That They Forgot to Close Down - written by Andy Oliver on Nov 24, 2011
- Wake Me Up Before You IndieGoGo: Kickstarting the Small Press - written by Andy Oliver on May 10, 2012
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!