Dark Horse Digital Hits Two-Year Anniversary And Dynamite Joins In
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 24, 2013
Dark Horse Digital reaches a new landmark, turning two years old this coming weekend. To thank its loyal fans, Dark Horse announces two special anniversary promotions, as well as huge news that will change the digital-comics publishing landscape forever.
Dynamite Entertainment has inked a deal to include its comics digitally through the Dark Horse Digital store and apps. Thirty-eight single issues and eighteen collections are available for purchase today! New titles will be added weekly, with all upcoming Dynamite releases available digitally the same day as print.
"We've been looking for ways to expand our digital presence, and this is our first step to building an even more robust library of digital comics," said Dark Horse President Mike Richardson.
"We're proud to add Dark Horse Digital to our retail partners selling our digital titles to their audience. Our wide range of titles, from Vampirella to Battlestar Galactica, Grimm, The Shadow, Red Sonja, and many of our other Dynamite titles, are a perfect fit for the large audience who purchase Dark Horse titles. We're thrilled to work with Mike and his team at Dark Horse Digital on this new endeavor and excited about new opportunities to come," added Nick Barrucci, Dynamite Entertainment's CEO and publisher.
As a sign of appreciation for its loyal digital subscribers, Dark Horse Digital announces that fifty free first issues from many of its best-selling series will be available for the next forty-eight hours (promotion ends Friday, April 26, at 9 a.m. PST).
Starting Friday morning and throughout the weekend, Dark Horse Digital is offering 10 percent off all bundles in the web store! And confirmed newsletter subscribers will receive an additional coupon! The newsletter coupon stacks with the bundle discount, offering even greater savings.
The sale starts this Friday, April 26, and ends Sunday, April 28, at midnight PST-so head over to Dark Horse Digital and sign up for the Digital Newsletter to maximize the discount.
Dark Horse Comics launched its standalone comic-reader app and digital store on April 27, 2011, and has received incredible support from the continuously growing digital-comics fan base.
Since then, Dark Horse Digital has grown significantly in numbers and readership by featuring its most popular and best-selling titles, including Star Wars, Buffy, Serenity, Hellboy, Conan, and Mass Effect, as well as exclusive digital-only comics such as Falling Skies, Prototype 2, and Dragon Age. Dark Horse Digital also provides sales and discounts for its readers on a weekly basis. It currently offers thousands of comics and continues to increase the digital availability of the Dark Horse back catalog.
- Concrete: Human Dilemma - written by Frederik Hautain on Oct 26, 2004
- B.P.R.D.: The Dead #3 Sneak Peek - written by Frederik Hautain on Jan 14, 2005
- Revelations #1 Sneak Peek - written by Frederik Hautain on Aug 28, 2005
- Albatross Ups Goon's Noir Side - written by Frederik Hautain on Jun 10, 2006
- The Escapists #5 Sneak Peek - written by Frederik Hautain on Nov 7, 2006
- Barbarian King of Fantasy - written by Mike Bullock on Dec 30, 2004
- Inside Look: Beasts of Burden #1 - Part One - written by Evan Dorkin on Oct 20, 2009
- Chronicling the Cylon War - written by Frederik Hautain on Oct 26, 2006
- Ron Marz: The Eastern Trilogy - Part II - written by Frederik Hautain on Jan 12, 2005
- Conan #11 - written by Eric Lindberg on Dec 31, 2004
- Hellboy: Makoma #1 - written by Tonya Crawford on Feb 2, 2006
- Usagi Yojimbo #100 - written by Eric Lindberg on Feb 1, 2007
- Hellboy: Darkness Calls #4 - written by Tonya Crawford on Jul 26, 2007
- The Cleaners #1 - written by Lee Newman on Nov 18, 2008
- Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan's Conan: Brash, Cocky and Fresh - written by Jason Wilkins on Feb 7, 2012
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!