Fegredo & Mignola Debut Hellboy OGN
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 27, 2013
Following up on a collaboration which spanned multiple series, leading up to Mike Mignola’s return to both writing and drawing his beloved demon, artist Duncan Fegredo returns to tell a story about a young Hellboy’s first brush with hell.
In this beautifully drawn fifty-six-page graphic novel, a young Hellboy runs away from the B.P.R.D., only to stumble upon a weird and fantastical circus and the few demons from hell who inhabit it.
“This one owes a lot to Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes (pretty much my favorite circus story of all time), but even more to Pinocchio—especially all the spooky, disturbing bits Disney left out. And the work Duncan is doing here is just flat-out amazing,” said Mike Mignola.
“Growing up is tough enough, even when you don’t know the weight of the world rests on the future of your yet-diminutive shoulders. Mike has woven a tale of coming of age for the young Hellboy made all the more poignant for knowing his future. Wonderful, magical, terrifying, this is epic Hellboy on a smaller stage,” Duncan Fegredo added.
Hellboy: The Midnight Circus arrives in a beautiful hardcover format similar to the previously released Hellboy: House of the Living Dead (created in collaboration with legendary artist Richard Corben in 2011). This new tale arrives on shelves on October 23, carrying a retail price of $14.99.
- Goss Joins Hellboy Cast - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 30, 2007
- Dark Horse Solicitations October 2011 - written by Richard Boom on Jul 10, 2011
- Mignola Confirmed for BICS 2007 - written by Frederik Hautain on May 9, 2007
- Hellboy Returns in Dark Horse Presents #7 - written by Richard Boom on Aug 19, 2011
- Hellboy 2 to be Shot at Korda - written by Frederik Hautain on May 17, 2007
- Trading Up: B.P.R.D. War on Frogs - written by Philip J. Eaves on Jun 14, 2010
- Hell's High Point - written by Jason Aaron on May 9, 2004
- Hell to Pay: A Look Back at Mike Mignola's Hellboy - Part 2 - written by Tonya Crawford on May 2, 2007
- Between Darkness and Hell - written by Frederik Hautain on May 9, 2007
- Animated Hellboy Awakes! - written by Tonya Crawford on Jun 6, 2007
- Hellboy: The Fury #2 - written by Joshua Yehl on Jul 14, 2011
- Hellboy: The Fury #3 - written by Martin Cahill on Aug 11, 2011
- Hellboy/Beasts of Burden #1 - written by Noel Bartocci on Nov 22, 2010
- Hellboy: Being Human - written by Jason Wilkins on May 13, 2011
- Abe Sapien #1 - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 1, 2013
- For a Limited Time Only! Scud Returns! - written by William Gatevackes on Feb 4, 2008
- Skaar Smash!! - written by William Gatevackes on Jun 9, 2008
- An Uncanny Milestone - written by William Gatevackes on Jul 21, 2008
- From Green to Red - written by William Gatevackes on Oct 27, 2008
- Another Look at the Marvels - written by William Gatevackes on Dec 1, 2008
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!