FLC Launches Brik Jones: Attorney For Earth
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Oct 3, 2012
Fighting Lion Comics, a new print and web publisher, launches its first title BRIK JONES: ATTORNEY FOR EARTH™ with a limited edition Ashcan comic book written by Phil Smith (Witchblade: Due Process) and illustrated by Sid Kotian (Pilot Season: Twilight Guardian).
Brik Jones is, minimum, a 5 issue comics series that is in the process of becoming a print and web comic. Issues will be sold periodically as assets come to critical mass and are ready to print. The website www.FightingLionComics.com will act as part production blog and part webcomic.
Who is Brik Jones? The character is the Interstellar appointed Attorney for Earth. The Ashcan story, "The Case of Case number 69" is more of a “day in the life” type of story told well after the classic comics style origin story. The Origin Story? That will be forthcoming in future installments via web and print. At this time we are securing an artist for the first 5 issue arc. Sid had time in his schedule between bookings to do this installment for which I am very grateful!
F.L.C. will also be giving away bookmarks and stickers as well as selling a limited edition print of the cover to "The Case of Case Number 69."
Following the success of the launch at Stan Lee's Comikaze Fighting Lion Comics is going into production of the first 5 issue limited series starting with the search for an artist to commit to the series for 5 issues. More news as it becomes available. First issue estimated to be available by the end of 2012. Check www.fightinglioncomics.com for updates.
Early reviews of Brik Jones:
"Here's a quote from BRIK JONES: ATTORNEY FOR EARTH: 'I just had sex with a giant alien jellyfish.' If that doesn't make you want to read this book, I can't imagine what will. This is science fiction like you've never seen, with one hand on a laser pistol, one hand on the intergalactic law review, and tongue planted firmly in cheek. Phil Smith and Sid Kotian have come up with something clever and original, and executed it uncommon flair. This one will have you saying, 'I want my lawyer!' "
-- Ron Marz (Witchblade, Artifacts, Samurai: Heaven and Earth, Green Lantern)
"Not only is Smith writing about a lawyer, he's made him...wait for it...the good guy. I told you he had imagination."
-- Mark Waid (Daredevil, Luther, The Flash, Kingdom Come)
Fighting Lion Comics will also be promoting a Kickstarter campaign for Human: Oceanic a 160 page, digest sized, Hard cover with dust jacket, Original Graphic Novel written by Phil Smith (Trinity: Blood on the Sands) and illustrated by J.K. Woodward (X-Men Origins:Beast, Peter David's Fallen Angel, and Star Trek/Doctor Who).
To check out the Kickstarter go to: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1668748627/human-oceanic
For more information on Fighting Lion Comics go to: www.FightingLionComics.com
To follow is go to: @FightingLionCMX
Note for publication:
Attached pictures are to be used free of restriction but only for the use of this press-release.
For more information on Human: Oceanic please contact Phil Smith at email@example.com
Please let us know if you put this out to the public and we will in turn try our best to let our own Network (and Social Media) know about it!!
- Former Top Cow Editor Debutes New Imprint At Stan Lee's Comikaze - written by Richard Boom on Sep 17, 2012
- Smith & Woodward's Final Lap For "Human: Oceanic" - written by Richard Boom on Oct 2, 2012
- Woodward & Smith's Last Kickstarting Push For Human: Oceanic - written by Richard Boom on Oct 7, 2012
- Todd McFarlane to Make His First Appearance at Stan Lee’s Comikaze Comic-con - written by Richard Boom on Sep 4, 2012
- Stan & Virgin's New Universe - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 24, 2008
- Doc Ock's Greatest Hits - Part 2 - written by Andy Oliver on Jul 31, 2009
- Conventional Thinking: Demonakos Talks ECCC - written by Brett Williams on Feb 24, 2010
- The Legend of Marvel Comics, Freshly Expressed by Sean Howe in Marvel Comics: The Untold Story - written by Trigonis on Dec 21, 2012
- Doc Ock's Greatest Hits - Part 1 - written by Andy Oliver on Jul 22, 2009
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!