Get The Walking Dead Free At the ComiXology Booth @ WonderCon
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Mar 14, 2012
ComiXology, the world’s largest digital comics platform available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and the Web with over 50 million comic and graphic novel downloads to date, will be exhibiting for the first time this year at WonderCon ’12, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California from March 16th-18th. To celebrate their WonderCon ’12 debut they are offering a not-to-be missed giveaway!
The first 5,000 WonderCon ’12 attendees to come by comiXology’s booth (#107) will receive a limited edition promotional postcard imprinted with a unique download code redeemable for The Walking Dead Vol. 1 exclusively on comiXology.com. In partnership with The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s Skybound, comiXology is making sure attendees of WonderCon ’12 get a “taste” of the first graphic novel — regularly $8.99 for 140 pages —that the hit The Walking Dead TV show is based on
In addition to the must-have The Walking Dead Vol. 1 giveaway, comiXology will be providing hands on demonstrations of some new as-of-yet unannounced features on it’s Comics by comiXology digital comics platform at their booth all weekend long. Attendees will also find comiXology leading the digital comics discussion in a number of different panels during the show.
All WonderCon ’12 attendees are invited to attend the special “ComiXology Open Discussion Panel” where comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger will answer questions from the audience on “Everything Digital” with no topic off limits. The “ComiXology Open Discussion: Everything Digital Panel” will be on Friday, March 16th from 3:30pm- 4:30pm in Room 203.
In addition, Mark Waid joins David Steinberger on the “Digital Comics Price Fight Panel” on Saturday, March 17th from 11:30am - 12:30pm in Room 208 moderated by creator Sam Humphries, who was the driving force behind MySpace Comics. Later that same day, Steinberger joins Dark Horse publisher Mike Richardson, The Nerdist’s Peter Levin, Comic Book Resources' Jonah Weiland, and Beach Ball Comics’ Thomas Gaul on the “Comic Book Entrepreneurs Panel” from 3:30pm - 4:30pm in Room 211 also moderated by Humphries. ComiXology’s VP of Marketing, PR and Business Development, Chip Mosher, will be hosting the “Indie Comics Marketing and PR 101 Panel” with comic creators Sam Humphries, Ben McCool, and Dark Horse’s Director of PR Jeremy Atkins on Sunday, March 18th from 12:30pm - 1:30pm in Room 208.
Recently, comiXology announced they had surpassed 50 million comic books and graphic novel downloads since the inception of their Comics by comiXology digital comics platform with 5 million of those downloads happening in this past December alone. In addition, this past October saw Comics by comiXology start to consistently chart as the top grossing iPad app in the entire iTunes App Store on new comics release day — a trend that has continued throughout 2012. Then in November, Comics by comiXology was selected as a pre-loaded app on Amazon’s Kindle Fire alongside Facebook and Twitter. By the end of 2011, comiXology had powered three of the top 20 grossing iPad apps — with Comics by comiXology coming in at number 11 for the entire year.
What: WonderCon 2012 When: March 16th -18th, 2012 Where: The Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim CA Booth #: 107
Giveaway: Limited edition promotional postcard imprinted with a unique download code redeemable for The Walking Dead Vol. 1 exclusively on comiXology.com.
Friday March 16th 3:30pm - 4:30pm - ComiXology Open Discussion: Everything Digital Panel with comiXology’s David Steinberger - Room 203.
Saturday March 17TH 11:30am - 12:30pm - Digital Comics Price Fight Panel with comiXology’s David Steinberger - Room 208 3:30pm - 4:30pm - Comic Book Entrepreneurs Panel with comiXology’s David Steinberger – Room 211.
Sunday March 18th 12:30pm - 1:30pm - Indie Comics Marketing and PR 101 with comiXology’s Chip Mosher - Room 208.
- Celebrate TWD #100 And SDCC With ComiXology's Sale - written by Richard Boom on Jul 10, 2012
- Image Comics Solicitations For November 2010 - written by Richard Boom on Aug 25, 2010
- Image Comics Previews For September 14, 2011 - written by Richard Boom on Sep 14, 2011
- Inside The Walking Dead, The Official Magazine #3 - written by Richard Boom on Dec 17, 2012
- Archaia Entertainment Partners with ComiXology to Launch Days Missing - written by Richard Boom on May 20, 2011
- This Week's Must-Have Comics: July 11, 2012 - written by JasonClyma on Jul 9, 2012
- Silent Duo: Van Lente & Ellis on The Silencers' Digital Success - written by Frederik Hautain on Oct 9, 2009
- Trading Up: Box 13 - written by Philip J. Eaves on Jun 15, 2010
- 7 Horrific Questions With Charlie Adlard - written by Bart Croonenborghs on Oct 26, 2009
- The Walking Dead #35 - written by Kenneth Gallant on Mar 7, 2007
- The Walking Dead #37 - written by Kenneth Gallant on May 3, 2007
- The Walking Dead #38 - written by Kenneth Gallant on Jul 4, 2007
- The Walking Dead #44 - written by Sal Pane on Nov 27, 2007
- The Walking Dead #45 - written by Sal Pane on Dec 16, 2007
- iPhone Comics for the Web - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Jun 11, 2010
- ComiXology 1 year Sale - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Aug 18, 2010
- Image Month: The Walking Dead - On the Road to One Hundred and Beyond - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 18, 2012
- A Comixology State of Mind - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Oct 14, 2009
- Comparing Digital Platforms - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Oct 21, 2009
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!