IDW Becomes a Corporate Member of the CBLDF
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 27, 2013
At yesterday's Diamond Retailer Summit, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund announced that IDW Publishing has joined the organization as their newest Corporate Member!
IDW is recognized as one of the industry's leading publishers, widely celebrated for its best-selling licensed comics, creator-owned titles and revolutionary art books. IDW joins industry leaders DC Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Legendary Comics, Random House, comiXology, iVerse, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, and Threadless as Corporate Members supporting the CBLDF’s important work of protecting the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers.
"IDW's commitment to the powerful creativity of this industry's creators and to the ingenuity of the retail community that makes their creativity possible makes supporting the important work of the CBLDF vital to our company mission," says IDW’s Publisher and CEO, Ted Adams. "The Fund's tireless efforts to provide education and hands on support protecting the freedom to read comics is essential to the health of our industry, and we're thrilled to take a meaningful stake in supporting their important work."
IDW and the CBLDF will be working together in the coming months and years to further the Fund's important work, with discussions on multiple exciting projects to benefit the Direct Market Retailers.
"All of us at CBLDF are elated to welcome the extraordinary team at IDW to our Corporate Member ranks," says CBLDF Executive Director Charles Brownstein. "Their commitment to creating the highest quality publications in the direct market is unsurpassed, and their efforts to reach popular and discriminating audiences are done with a high level of integrity and polish. Current readers and future scholars alike are enriched by their preservation of comics history through the Artist’s Edition, Library of American Comics, and Yoe Books imprints, and it’s all possible because of their long-term approach to developing their vision within the direct market. We're excited to be working with them in this meaningful way."
- Dan Taylor New Editor at IDW - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 3, 2005
- IDW and Barker Extend Partnership - written by Frederik Hautain on Jul 5, 2005
- IDW Website Shows Heart of Steel - written by Frederik Hautain on Mar 1, 2006
- IDW Invades BotCon - written by Frederik Hautain on Sep 25, 2006
- IDW & Simmons Join Forces - written by Frederik Hautain on Mar 13, 2007
- First Bite - written by Sam Moyerman on May 21, 2007
- IDW: The Final Angel Arc - Tischman and Huehner Talk - written by Tony Josepf on Sep 27, 2010
- Dustin? Off the Boots: The Original Desperado Returns - written by James W Powell on Dec 1, 2004
- More Than Meets the Eye - written by Sam Moyerman on Jun 24, 2007
- Brandon Seifert Prescribes a Double-Dose of Horror and Humor with Witch Doctor: Mal Practice - written by Jason Wilkins on Dec 18, 2012
- 30 Days of Night: Bloodsucker Tales #4 - written by Sam Moyerman on Jan 31, 2005
- Transformers: Stormbringer #2 - written by Aaron Stueve on Aug 12, 2006
- Gene Simmons Zipper #3 - written by Dave Baxter on Feb 2, 2008
- G.I. Joe: A New Beginning #0 - written by Tonya Crawford on Oct 25, 2008
- Spike: The Devil You Know #1 - written by Jonathan Chuang on Jun 21, 2010
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!