IDW Becomes a Corporate Member of the CBLDF
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 27, 2013
At yesterday's Diamond Retailer Summit, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund announced that IDW Publishing has joined the organization as their newest Corporate Member!
IDW is recognized as one of the industry's leading publishers, widely celebrated for its best-selling licensed comics, creator-owned titles and revolutionary art books. IDW joins industry leaders DC Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Legendary Comics, Random House, comiXology, iVerse, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, and Threadless as Corporate Members supporting the CBLDF’s important work of protecting the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers.
"IDW's commitment to the powerful creativity of this industry's creators and to the ingenuity of the retail community that makes their creativity possible makes supporting the important work of the CBLDF vital to our company mission," says IDW’s Publisher and CEO, Ted Adams. "The Fund's tireless efforts to provide education and hands on support protecting the freedom to read comics is essential to the health of our industry, and we're thrilled to take a meaningful stake in supporting their important work."
IDW and the CBLDF will be working together in the coming months and years to further the Fund's important work, with discussions on multiple exciting projects to benefit the Direct Market Retailers.
"All of us at CBLDF are elated to welcome the extraordinary team at IDW to our Corporate Member ranks," says CBLDF Executive Director Charles Brownstein. "Their commitment to creating the highest quality publications in the direct market is unsurpassed, and their efforts to reach popular and discriminating audiences are done with a high level of integrity and polish. Current readers and future scholars alike are enriched by their preservation of comics history through the Artist’s Edition, Library of American Comics, and Yoe Books imprints, and it’s all possible because of their long-term approach to developing their vision within the direct market. We're excited to be working with them in this meaningful way."
- Metal Gear Solid Infiltrates Bookshelves - written by Frederik Hautain on Feb 22, 2005
- Takeoff to Mars - written by Frederik Hautain on May 22, 2005
- Transformers Back for More - written by Frederik Hautain on Dec 1, 2005
- Cobb: Off the Leash #2 Sneak Peek - written by Frederik Hautain on Jul 9, 2006
- Mariotte's Year of the Western - written by Frederik Hautain on Jan 3, 2007
- More Than Meets the Eye - written by Fletch Adams on Feb 2, 2006
- Doctor Who Classic Comics - written by Andy Oliver on Jan 10, 2008
- Brain-child of the Grave - written by Matthew Clark on May 28, 2006
- Creating Peace: An Inter-Review - Part 1 - written by Dave Baxter on May 7, 2008
- Not Fade Away - Part 1 - written by Fletch Adams on Aug 30, 2006
- Jon Sable: Freelance #3 - written by Kenneth Gallant on Aug 16, 2005
- Zombies vs. Robots #1 - written by Dave Baxter on Dec 2, 2006
- Rogue Angel: Teller of Tall Tales #1 - written by Dave Baxter on Feb 28, 2008
- Doctor Who: The Forgotten #6 - written by Tonya Crawford on Jan 24, 2009
- 5 Days to Die #1 - written by Jason Wilkins on Sep 1, 2010
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!