Image United - A Pre-Release Sell Out
Headline - Press release
Posted by Fletch Adams on Dec 22, 2009
IMAGE UNITED, the six-part crossover written by Robert Kirkman and featuring Image Founders Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane, Whilce Portacio, Marc Silvestri and Jim Valentino, makes its second coming to comic stands this Wednesday with a pre-release, distribution-level sell out!
"Considering the substantial overprint, we're quite pleased by how quickly IMAGE UNITED has sold out," Kirkman said. "The reception to the first issue was immense with its own sell out the day of release, but to hear it's happening a second time, two days before, makes everyone involved very happy. This crossover is a major labor of love, so we're very thankful for the support by both our fans and retail partners."
IMAGE UNITED is a six-part crossover encompassing the entire Image superhero universe and features each Image founder illustrating their own characters. Since its announcement, the crossover has garnered headlines from the New York Times, USAToday and other massive media outlets with its once-in-a-lifetime approach to the superhero crossover. Despite a significant overprint, the second issue completely sold out at a distribution-level two days before release. A new printing will be released in January with a new cover by Rob Liefeld.
IMAGE UNITED #2 2nd Printing, a 32-page full color comic book for $3.99, will be in stores January 20th, 2010.
- Image Previews for November 25 - written by Frederik Hautain on Nov 22, 2009
- Jim Lee Covers IMAGE UNITED #1 - written by Richard Boom on Nov 5, 2009
- Turf Premieres In The Walking Dead #70 - written by Richard Boom on Feb 18, 2010
- NY Times Dishes Details on Image United - written by Frederik Hautain on Jul 21, 2009
- Limited Edition Comix Produces Exclusive Haunt #1 Variant - written by Frederik Hautain on Sep 22, 2009
- Haunted by Comics: Todd McFarlane on Haunt - written by Sam Moyerman on Sep 1, 2009
- BF Awards 2009 - Best Ongoing Series: The Walking Dead - written by Richard Boom on Dec 31, 2009
- Haunted by Comics: Todd McFarlane on Image United - written by Sam Moyerman on Sep 4, 2009
- Astounding Transformation - written by Frederik Hautain on May 2, 2007
- 7 Horrific Questions With Charlie Adlard - written by Bart Croonenborghs on Oct 26, 2009
- Haunt #1 - written by Richard Boom on Oct 1, 2009
- The Walking Dead #50 - written by Lee Newman on Jul 2, 2008
- Ultimate X-Men #71 - written by Aaron Stueve on Jun 17, 2006
- Marvel Zombies 2 #1 - written by Sal Pane on Oct 25, 2007
- Choker #1 - written by Steven Surman on Feb 18, 2010
- Spawning a Legend - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 19, 2010
- Holding on to Digital - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Jan 7, 2010
- The Future of Haunt - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 11, 2010
- Twitching for a Return - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 26, 2010
- McFarlane's Mark: The Future of Comics - The Medium - written by Todd McFarlane on Jun 3, 2010
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!