Iron Man: The Inevitable
Headline - Press release
Posted by Frederik Hautain on Nov 27, 2005
Inevitably, Iron Man had to expect retaliation from his oldest enemies after his secret identity went public and then was subsequently restored. Now, Shell-Head’s rogues are more dangerous than ever and they’re looking to make Tony Stark pay for their many defeats at the hands of Iron Man in Iron Man: The Inevitable #1.
“Part of what this series is about is that basic approach to the character and reintegrating some of what I always loved about Iron Man - primarily his Rogues Gallery,” says writer Joe Casey. “Iron Man’s got some great villains and we're bringing back not one, not two, but three of Iron Man's classic foes in this thing, retooled, and updated for the new century.”
Featuring the return of such fan-favorite Iron Man villains like Living Laser, The Ghost, and Spymaster, Iron Man: The Inevitable is reintroducing some of the Armored Avenger’s deadliest opponents from the past, but with a whole new edge.
Iron Man: The Inevitable also deals with the reaction of Iron Man’s rogues to his secret identity going public and how they refuse to believe that it’s not Tony Stark in the armor. And to complicate matters, there is a mini-arms race concerning the Living Laser as Tony tries to cure his old sparring partner while the Spymaster wants him as his own perfect weapon.
It has all the makings of a classic revenge story as Iron Man’s past comes back to haunt him in the form of three deadly villains in Iron Man: The Inevitable.
IRON MAN: THE INEVITABLE #1 (of 6) (OCT051969)
Written by Joe Casey
Penciled by Frazer Irving
Cover by Frazer Irving
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99
FOC - 12/1, On Sale - 12/21/05
- Free Iron Man/Hulk Sampler - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 3, 2008
- Iron Man #7 Sneak Peek - written by Frederik Hautain on Mar 28, 2006
- Non-Stop Tech Action - written by Frederik Hautain on Dec 12, 2006
- MyCup o' Joe Week 9 - written by Frederik Hautain on May 15, 2008
- Marvel.com Presents Animation Exclusives - written by Fletch Adams on Oct 8, 2009
- Is Marvel Putting All of Their Eggs in One Basket with The Avengers? - written by joeyesposito on Aug 4, 2010
- Iron Man 3 Review - written by Kris Bather on Apr 29, 2013
- Supreme Superhero Comic - written by Dexter K Flowers on Dec 29, 2004
- Jeph Loeb: When at Marvel - Part I - written by Frederik Hautain on Oct 9, 2005
- Who is the Moon Knight? - written by Fletch Adams on Apr 8, 2006
- Iron Man #3 - written by Sam Moyerman on Apr 13, 2005
- Avengers: Earth?s Mightiest Heroes II #5 - written by Andy Oliver on Jan 22, 2007
- Iron Man #28 - written by Lee Newman on Apr 22, 2008
- Invincible Iron Man #13 - written by Steve Kanaras on May 13, 2009
- Silent War #1 - written by Aaron Stueve on Jan 26, 2007
- Dark Anniversary - written by William Gatevackes on Jun 25, 2007
- McFarlane's Mark: The Future of Comics - The Industry - written by Todd McFarlane on May 27, 2010
- Bringing Thor Down to Earth - written by William Gatevackes on Jul 2, 2007
- Hail to the Master Chief! - written by William Gatevackes on Aug 20, 2007
- Devouring the Competition - written by William Gatevackes on Oct 15, 2007
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!