Templesmith and McCool's Choker #2 Sells Out
Headline - Press release
Posted by Frederik Hautain on Mar 22, 2010
Artist Ben Templesmith and writer Ben McCool have done it again! Like CHOKER #1, the second issue of their critically acclaimed and popularly received CHOKER miniseries has sold out at the distribution level. Image Comics is prepping a second printing to be released alongside CHOKER #3.
"Truly, awesome sauce. I really, REALLY appreciate all the readers sticking with us onto #2, said Templesmith. I don't know what we've done to have the Space Squid bless us with such luck and support from both publisher and reader alike but I'd like to think it shows that people are still willing to take a punt on brand new creator owned comics and that it's worth putting the time and effort into them. It's all been incredibly rewarding.
Added McCool, "What great news! All of our readers deserve a pint for their stellar support!"
CHOKER is a six-issue detective noir miniseries released by Image Comics. It stars Johnny "Choker" Jackson, once one of Shotgun City's most promising police officers, is a bitter private detective with a terrible case of Alien Hand Syndrome. But he's unexpectedly been offered a job back on the force, provided he can nail a twisted drug dealer selling a very exclusive product, that is...
CHOKER #2 Second Printing, a 32-page full color comic book for $3.99, will be in stores April 21, 2010, the same day as CHOKER #3 (FEB100391).
- Image Comics Previews for March 17 - written by Frederik Hautain on Mar 17, 2010
- Image Comics Announces Lineup ECCC 2010 - written by Richard Boom on Mar 11, 2010
- Choker #1 Sold Out - written by Richard Boom on Mar 10, 2010
- Seeing Things The Image-Way In San Diego - written by Cissy Koomen on Jul 19, 2010
- Exclusive Preview: Existence 2.0 #3 - written by Frederik Hautain on Aug 24, 2009
- Brandon Graham Talks King City and Euro-art - written by Bart Croonenborghs on Jul 1, 2009
- Fanning the Flames of 'Firebreather' - written by Sam Moyerman on Dec 6, 2010
- Call of Duty: Making 'The Activity' a Reality - written by Josh West on Jan 23, 2012
- Image Month: Publisher Eric Stephenson Continues to Define Creator-Owned Comics - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 11, 2012
- Image Month: Rob Guillory Talks Craft, Chew, and His Love of Comics - written by Josh West on May 3, 2012
- Choker #1 - written by Steven Surman on Feb 18, 2010
- Pigs #1 - written by JasonClyma on Sep 2, 2011
- Ten Grand #1 - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 30, 2013
- 30 Days of Night: Bloodsucker Tales #4 - written by Sam Moyerman on Jan 31, 2005
- The Bulletproof Coffin #2 - written by Jason Wilkins on Jul 20, 2010
- The Future of Haunt - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 11, 2010
- Twitching for a Return - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 26, 2010
- McFarlane's Mark: The Future of Comics - The Medium - written by Todd McFarlane on Jun 3, 2010
- One You Want 002: Rodd Racer, Image Comics - written by Joe Keatinge on Jul 5, 2011
- One You Want 005: Savage Dragon #172, Image Comics - written by Joe Keatinge on Aug 1, 2011
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!