Templesmith & Seeley Join Halo-8 At C2E2
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 9, 2010
C2E2 has announced Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night) and Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash) will join Matt Pizzolo (Godkiller) and FJ DeSanto (producer The Spirit, upcoming The Shadow) for the panel "Halo-8: Illustrated Films & Comics" at 7:45pm on Friday April 16. The panel will immediately be followed by the world premiere screening of the Godkiller feature film. According to Halo-8 reps, numerous yet-to-be-announced projects will be unveiled, including never-before-seen art.
Ben Templesmith has not previously been attached to any Halo-8 projects, so his involvement implies a major new announcement will take place at the panel.
Tim Seeley's Loaded Bible: Jesus vs. Vampires has been in production at the studio for several months.
"When I first discovered Halo-8 and their approach to entertainment, I knew I'd found a kindred spirit," said Seeley. "They make the kinds of films they want, they don't answer to a major studio, and they know how to use technology and make it work for them."
At WonderCon's Halo-8 panel last week, Pizzolo was asked to explain the difference between motion comics and illustrated films.
"Motion comics are awesome," said Pizzolo, "but they blend cartoons with comic books, whereas our ill-films blend cinema with graphic novels. The motion animation we do is important, but ill-films focus more on cinematic motions of sweeping pans and dolleying... we do a sort of camera movement through the illustrated world. The pace in an ill-film is driven by the sound design and voice performances like a radio play. I started as a playwright and in a play you can enjoy it just as much with your eyes closed. What excites me about the format as a comic book fan is that, since the ill-film is more about cinematic storytelling and less about adding motion, the viewer can still take a moment to fully absorb each illustration. And then sometimes we break out of that format into CGI for some badass action sequences."
Also during the WonderCon panel, Pizzolo revealed his next illustrated-film will be a giallo horror called The Long Knives.
Immediately following the panel, C2E2 will present the world premiere of Godkiller, starring genre-heroes Lance Henriksen (Aliens), Danielle Harris (Halloween 4, 5, I, II), Bill Moseley (The Devil's Rejects), Nicki Clyne (Battlestar Galactica), Tiffany Shepis (Night of the Demons), alt-culture icon Lydia Lunch (Hardcore), and rockstars Justin Pierre (singer of Motion City Soundtrack) and Davey Havok (singer of AFI).
- Devil's Due Signings at FCBD - written by Frederik Hautain on Apr 20, 2005
- FCBD Event: Seeley & Stone in IL - written by Frederik Hautain on May 1, 2008
- Fell Does Well - written by Frederik Hautain on Oct 30, 2005
- IDW Releases More Wormwood - written by Frederik Hautain on Jun 2, 2008
- Exclusive Preview: Oz/Wonderland C2E2 - written by Richard Boom on Apr 15, 2010
- Hack/Slash Makes A Move - written by Richard Boom on Mar 13, 2010
- More Than Meets the Eye - written by Fletch Adams on Dec 20, 2006
- C2E2 2011: Dwayne McDuffie Memorial - written by Eric Lindberg on Mar 20, 2011
- DEVIL'S DUE WEEK: Of Many Trivialities, Blood and Guts - written by Tim Seeley on May 27, 2007
- C2E2 2011: Talking to Phil Hester - written by Eric Lindberg on Mar 20, 2011
- Hack/Slash: Land of Lost Toys #1-- ADVANCE REVIEW - written by Eric Lindberg on Oct 21, 2005
- Hatter M: The Looking Glass Wars #2-- ADVANCE REVIEW - written by Dexter K Flowers on Mar 11, 2006
- The Legend of Drizzt Book I: Homeland - written by Eric Lindberg on Nov 4, 2005
- Hatter M #3 - written by Dexter K Flowers on Sep 19, 2006
- Forgotten Realms- The Legend of Drizzt Vol II: Exile #1 - written by Eric Lindberg on Dec 19, 2005
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!