The Walking Dead #100 Gallery Show & Benefit Auction Announced
Headline - Press release
Posted by VashNL on Apr 23, 2013
See All 106 THE WALKING DEAD #100 Original Sketch Covers on Display Together for First Time Ever!
Bid on four covers online or in person benefitting Hero Initiative, meet Cover Artists Sina Grace, Todd Nauck and Jason Reeves.
Robert Kirkman's Eisner Award-winning comic book series, The Walking Dead, celebrated its 100th issue last July and the issue became the top-selling comic book of 2012. Last year, Skybound and The Hero Initiative gave the comic industry's leading artists and visionaries over 100 blank covered issues of The Walking Dead #100 to create a set of remarkable artwork originals to commemorate this special issue of the groundbreaking Skybound/Image Comics series. Regular The Walking Dead series artist Charlie Adlard is among the contributors and now, for the first and last time ever, all 106 of the original sketch covers will be on display together -- but for one night only. All of the artists came together to benefit The Hero Initiative, the comic book industry's non-profit corporation helping comic creators in need. While The Walking Dead continues to break records in every form of media, it all started with the comic book and that will be celebrated at this special gallery show and auction.
To enhance the experience for attendees, The Walking Dead #100 original sketch cover artists Sina Grace (Not My Bag), Todd Nauck (Invincible Universe), and Jason Reeves (F-OO Fighters) will be in attendance to answer questions about their covers.
On Friday, May 31 at GUSFORD | los angeles from 6:00 - 9:00 PM, 7016 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, all comic fans are welcome to witness history in the making and in some cases, take a piece of it home. In addition to the once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing all The Walking Dead #100 original sketch covers together for the first time ever, four covers will also be auctioned to benefit the industry's favorite charity at the same time. Two covers will be auctioned via eBay during the course of the event, and attendees can bid via their own mobile devices. Another cover will be auctioned live, on-site for attendees. And in an unprecedented move, a fourth cover will be created live that night by artist Todd Nauck for auction during the event. All attendees at the GUSFORD event can watch Nauck, a comic master, live at work during the event as he creates the final and 106th original sketch cover.
The remainder of the covers will be auctioned off via eBay starting June 4.
Amazingly enough, there is no cost to attend this comic lover's dream event. It's free and open to the public but if you feel like more celebrating, there will also be a cash bar in place and zombie-styled treats courtesy of event collaborator and neighboring shop, Golden Apple Comics. We want you to save your money to bid on the covers instead of an entrance fee. The event is a gift from GUSFORD | los angeles and Skybound to benefit The Hero Initiative and the fine work they do as the first-ever federally chartered non-profit corporation dedicated to helping comic legends in need and providing a safety net for them.
For information on the event and auction, please visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626/676-6354. You can always find information for everything related to The Walking Dead at www.Skybound.com and www.TheWalkingDead.com
- Walking Dead: Something to Fear Teaser - written by Frederik Hautain on Feb 3, 2012
- Image Teases: Lucille Is Coming! - written by VashNL on Jun 19, 2012
- Hero Initiative Partners with The Walking Dead for First-Ever Image Comics "100 Project" - written by VashNL on Sep 15, 2012
- Image Comics Previews for February 24, 2010 - written by Richard Boom on Feb 23, 2010
- Image Comics Previews for November 24, 2010 - written by Frederik Hautain on Nov 23, 2010
- This Week's Must-Have Comics: July 11, 2012 - written by JasonClyma on Jul 9, 2012
- Image Month: Robert Kirkman - 20 Years as an Image Fan, Creator and Partner - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 19, 2012
- This Week's Must-Have Comics: June 20, 2012 - written by JasonClyma on Jun 18, 2012
- Celebrating The Walking Dead #100 - written by Josh West on Jul 18, 2012
- 7 Horrific Questions With Charlie Adlard - written by Bart Croonenborghs on Oct 26, 2009
- The Walking Dead #86 - written by Ryan Collins on Jun 29, 2011
- The Walking Dead #93 - written by JasonClyma on Jan 26, 2012
- The Walking Dead #85 - written by Ryan Collins on May 30, 2011
- The Walking Dead #88 - written by Jason Wilkins on Aug 18, 2011
- Invincible #71 - written by Noel Bartocci on Apr 29, 2010
- Image Month: The Walking Dead - On the Road to One Hundred and Beyond - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 18, 2012
- One You Want 005: Savage Dragon #172, Image Comics - written by Joe Keatinge on Aug 1, 2011
- The Future of Haunt - written by Todd McFarlane on Feb 11, 2010
- McFarlane's Mark: The Future of Comics - The Medium - written by Todd McFarlane on Jun 3, 2010
- Comics Don't Like Kids, These Days - written by Mike Bullock on Aug 31, 2011
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!