This Summer Belongs To Marvel's Infinity
Headline - Press release
Posted by Richard Boom on Apr 1, 2013
Earth has been marked as an “Avengers World”, protected by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more from the deadliest threats facing humanity. A powerful and destructive race is on a collision course with Earth and the only thing in their path is the Avengers! But even Earth’s Mightiest Heroes realize the one hope of defeating this dire threat is to unite every great hero across the cosmos…because only with a united Avengers Universe is there any chance of survival.
With our heroes at the other end of the universe, who is left to protect Earth? Enter Thanos, the galaxy’s most ruthless threat and an unparalleled force of brutality who brings order to the chaos of life through murder. The greatest threat to the Mad Titan’s work—and perhaps the universe’s greatest hope—is something he created leaving no world safe. Earth’s last hope may lie in the hands of a man who can level cities with a single whisper – Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans. But can the fearsome leader of a race hated and feared by his world, lead his people against Thanos? If they fall, so does the Earth—and the entire universe with it.
The Biggest Heroes. The Biggest Threats. The Biggest Sacrifices. This is Marvel’s INFINITY.
Written by New York Times best-selling writer Jonathan Hickman (Avengers, Avengers VS. X-Men) and illustrated by superstars Jim Cheung (Avengers: Children’s Crusade) Jerome Opena (Avengers, Uncanny X-Force), and Dustin Weaver (Avengers, Uncanny X-Men), Infinity is a six issue comic book event debuting in August with an oversized first issue.
“Events stories simply don't come bigger than Infinity,” said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “ Jonathan Hickman is joined by three of our top artists — Jim Cheung, Jerome Opena and Dustin Weaver — to deliver an epic tale that covers all corners of the Marvel Universe and narrows the gap between Earth and the cosmos like never before. It's called the 'Marvel Universe' for a reason.”
Readers get their first look at Marvel’s Infinity for free on Saturday, May 4th as part of Free Comic Book Day with FCBD: Infinity. In this all-new story by the blockbuster creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Jim Cheung, witness the opening shots of the war that will be heard around the galaxy. Plus, relive Thanos’ first solo story which has never been reprinted till now!
“I'm very excited about Infinity for a number of reasons,” said Hickman. “First, I think it's wonderful that the story is coming organically out of what's been going on during Marvel NOW!. Things that we've seen unfold in Avengers, New Avengers, Thanos Rising, Guardians of the Galaxy, and others are the catalyst for Infinity. And second, for me personally, Infinity is the first big step in a series of big steps that make up the long term plans for the Avengers books I have the privilege of writing. It should be a lot of fun.”
Every issue of Infinity includes a code for a free digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of Infinity features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.
Join Infinity writer Jonathan Hickman, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and Marvel Executive Editor – Senior VP Tom Brevoort at 2 PM EST on Tuesday, April 2 in a special interactive chat where fans can submit their own questions and comments to be answered and addressed! Offered exclusively through Marvel.com, this will be your chance to find out more about Infinity from the people putting it together!
Sign up now and be there live at 2 PM EST on Tuesday, April 2! http://marvel.com/news/story/20386/infinity_interactive_chat
- Marvel's INFINITY Comes Alive on Free Comic Book Day With Marvel AR - written by Richard Boom on May 4, 2013
- Marvel's Infinity Is Coming! - written by VashNL on Feb 5, 2013
- Marvel NOW! Hickman's Avengers Covers Revealed - written by Richard Boom on Sep 5, 2012
- Gambit Hooks Up With Spider-Woman In Avengers Vs. X-Men Teasers - written by VashNL on Jan 13, 2012
- New Avengers #25 And Avengers Vs. X-Men #2 Covers Revealed - written by VashNL on Jan 18, 2012
- This Week's Must-Have Comics: April 11, 2012 - written by JasonClyma on Apr 9, 2012
- Image Month: Entering the Mind of Jonathan Hickman - written by JasonClyma on Apr 18, 2012
- This Week's Must-Have Comics: May 30, 2012 - written by JasonClyma on May 28, 2012
- BF Unveils Winners of Broken Frontier Awards 2012 - written by Andy Oliver on Feb 11, 2013
- From here to Infinity, Inc. - written by Neil Figuracion on Dec 8, 2005
- S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 - written by Jonathan Chuang on Apr 9, 2010
- S.H.I.E.L.D. #2 - written by Martin Cahill on Aug 9, 2011
- Fantastic Four #576 - written by Steve Kanaras on Mar 3, 2010
- Avengers: The Children's Crusade #1 - written by Noel Bartocci on Jul 12, 2010
- Avengers: The Children's Crusade #2 - written by Jonathan Chuang on Sep 7, 2010
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!