Valiant's Harbinger Wars Starts Next Year
Headline - Press release
Posted by VashNL on Dec 10, 2012
This April, the children are our future. HARBINGER WARS is coming! Valiant is proud to announce HARBINGER WARS #1 (of 4) – the FIRST ISSUE of a four-issue limited series that will set off the first-ever family crossover for the all-new Valiant Universe! Then, the Harbinger Wars saga continues with new jumping-on points in BLOODSHOT #10 and HARBINGER #11 – the beginning of brand new, standalone story arcs that will cover the collateral damage of the Valiant Universe's first full-scale conflict.
For decades, Toyo Harada's Harbinger Foundation and the government's own Project Rising Spirit have been waging a secret war over the rarest resource known to man – the unwieldy superhuman telekinetics known as harbingers. Over the years, they've each collected a small army of these empowered children to inflict their agendas on the world. But now the reformed harbinger hunter known as Bloodshot needs to atone for his crimes – and he's going to start by releasing two dozen of the most volatile harbingers from their PRS prison and into the world. Bloodshot wants to lead them. Toyo Harada wants to control them.And, Peter Stanchek, a teenage renegade with immense powers of his own, wants to give them free rein. But the runaway children of PRS have their own ideas for the future…and, as the body count rises, the Valiant Universe will realize that power this immense cannot be contained. It must be exercised. Who will survive the Harbinger Wars?
"HARBINGER WARS #1 will mark a pivotal moment for the Valiant Universe as three of our heaviest hitters go guns-blazing into a conflict unlike any they've ever faced before," said Valiant Executive Editor Warren Simons. "Joshua and Duane have crafted a character-driven story that will make the Valiant Universe a very dangerous place for a hero in 2013."
"The Harbinger and Bloodshot ongoing series will push full steam ahead, documenting the massive repercussions of the very first clash between Bloodshot and the Harbinger renegades," added Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. "We're designing each component to stand on its own, and we couldn't be prouder of the three creative teams that will be making Harbinger Wars a crossover unlike anything else on the stands."
Beginning in HARBINGER WARS #1 (of 4) by Joshua Dysart (Harbinger), Duane Swiercyznski (Bloodshot) and Clayton Henry (Archer & Armstrong), Harbinger Wars will encompass 12 issues of all-out action by some of comics' premier talents:
HARBINGER WARS #1-4 by Joshua Dysart, Duane Swierczynski & Clayton Henry
BLOODSHOT #10-13 by Duane Swierczynski & Barry Kitson
HARBINGER #11-14 by Joshua Dysart & Khari Evans
This April, the entwined destinies of Bloodshot, Peter Stanchek and Toyo Harada will finally collide…and the most powerful forces in Valiant Universe will be drawn into a battle without sides, without rules and without mercy. Do not miss the first shot fired in HARBINGER WARS #1 (of 4) – coming this April from Valiant!
- Preview: Harbinger #11 - written by Richard Boom on Mar 7, 2013
- Valiant Solicitations For April 2013 - written by Richard Boom on Jan 17, 2013
- Preview: Bloodshot #8 - written by VashNL on Feb 5, 2013
- Preview: Harbinger #2 - written by VashNL on Jul 3, 2012
- Kitson, Garbett, Clark and Henry Join Harbinger's "Renegades" - written by Richard Boom on Nov 21, 2012
- ShowBuzz for 08/08 - written by James Wortman on Aug 7, 2008
- Warring on Earth and in Space: Robert Venditti Talks Relaunch of Valiant's X-O Manowar - written by Frederik Hautain on Feb 8, 2012
- Harbinger Wars #1 - written by Jason Wilkins on Apr 8, 2013
- Bloodshot #1 - written by Trigonis on Jul 11, 2012
- Cable #25 - written by Jonathan Chuang on Apr 9, 2010
- Mystery in Space #1 - written by JasonClyma on May 10, 2012
- Unknown Soldier #19 - written by Jason Wilkins on May 4, 2010
- Speculative Returns - written by Tyler Chin-Tanner on Mar 3, 2010
- X-O Manowar: Heralding the Summer of Valiant, Aric of Dacia is Reborn... - written by Jason Wilkins on May 3, 2012
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!