VIZ Offers Natsume's Book of Friends
Headline - Press release
Posted by Fletch Adams on Jan 4, 2010
VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry’s most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has announced the January 5th release of NATSUME’S BOOK OF FRIENDS, a standalone manga story by Yuki Midorikawa. NATSUME’S BOOK OF FRIENDS debuts under the Shojo Beat imprint, is rated ‘T’ for Teens, and will carry an MSRP of $9.99 U.S. / $12.99 CAN.
Takashi Natsume can see spirits and demons that hide from the rest of humanity. He has always been set apart from other people because of his gift, drifting from relative to relative, never fitting in. Now he’s a troubled high school student who has come to live in a small town where his grandmother, Reiko, grew up. And there he discovers that he has inherited more than just the power of Sight from the mysterious Reiko. When Reiko was Takashi's age, she bound the names of demons and spirits in her Book of Friends, enslaving them to her every capricious whim. Now Takashi is the owner of the book, and the creatures will do anything to get their names back.
“NATSUME’S BOOK OF FRIENDS is a great series for readers who are looking for something different than the typical shojo manga. Yuki Midorikawa skillfully deploys her delicate and almost serene artwork to tell a story that balances dark adventure with light comedy, the supernatural with real life. This remarkably beautiful work is truly unlike any other shojo series out there,” says Leyla Aker, Editorial Manager, VIZ Media.
Yuki Midorikawa’s other published titles in Japan include Into the Forest of Fireflies, The Scarlet Chair and The Voice That Blooms Red. NATSUME’S BOOK OF FRIENDS (Natsume Yujincho) was originally published in the manga magazine LaLa DX and was a finalist for the first Manga Taisho awards in 2008.
For more information on this title, or others from VIZ Media, please visit www.viz.com.
- Inubaka Tops New Viz Releases for Q1 - written by Frederik Hautain on Jan 24, 2007
- Viz Announces New Fall Titles - written by Frederik Hautain on Sep 24, 2006
- Viz Media Debuts Apocalyptic Dorohedoro Manga - written by Richard Boom on Mar 10, 2010
- Viz Launches Shojo Beat - written by Frederik Hautain on Feb 8, 2005
- Viz Media Debuts Bakuman by Death Note Creator - written by Bart Croonenborghs on Apr 16, 2010
- Snips, Snails, Sugar and Spice - written by Megan B Moore on Mar 14, 2006
- Love a Short Story? - written by Megan B Moore on Mar 4, 2005
- Shojo Times 2 - written by Megan B Moore on Apr 19, 2005
- Jump Into Advanced Manga - written by Megan B Moore on May 9, 2005
- You Can't Beat Shojo! - written by Megan B Moore on Jun 22, 2005
- Incarnate #1 - written by Lee Newman on Aug 4, 2009
- Dogs: Bullets & Carnage Volume 1 - written by Lee Newman on Aug 5, 2009
- All My Darling Daughters - written by Lee Newman on Feb 26, 2010
- Brody's Ghost, Volume 1 - written by Steven Surman on Jul 20, 2010
- Brody's Ghost, Volume 2 - written by Steven Surman on Mar 21, 2011
In order to post a comment you have to be logged in. Don't have a profile yet? Register now!